These materials cover basic Cal Answers functionality available on most dashboards regardless of subject area.
- Quick Start Guide
- Navigating the Cal Answers Home Page
- Basic Navigation Learning Map - a linear guide to a comprehensive set of the latest training materials to support you in getting started working with the all of the Cal Answers dashboard reports.
- Creating Bookmark Links, Updated 8.07.17 - how to save your filtered and customized dashboard view by creating a direct URL link for future use and/or sharing with others
- Saved Customizations
- Export your saved customizations to a PDF
- Data Refresh Schedule, Updated 7.20.17
- Mobile App User Guide
- Where do I now find data that used to appear in Cal Profiles and Cal Profiles Plus?
- Financial Management Reporting Overview video: An overview of each of the reports in the Financial Management Reporting dashboard. (video)
- Getting Started with Financial Management Reporting: An introduction to the Financial Management Reporting dashboard and details on each of the reports in the dashboard. (PDF)
- Cal Answers Basic Navigation Learning Map: A linear guide to a comprehensive set of the latest training materials to support you in getting started working with the all of the Cal Answers dashboard reports. (PDF)
Gift & Endowment Reporting
- Getting Started with Gift & Endowment Reporting: (Updated 5.18.18) An overview of the reports in the Gift & Endowment Reporting dashboard including the new Gifts in Suspense Accounting report.
- Gift & Endowment Reporting Learning Map: A linear guide to a comprehensive set of the latest training materials to support you in getting started working with the Gift & Endowment Reporting dashboard.
- Academic Planning Dashboard Job Aid -Designed primarily for Deans and Chairs, the Cal Answers Academic Planning dashboard provides a curated view of Department level data. The dashboard is trends focused, using pre-defined filters and methodology informed by the Academic Program Review process.
- Cal Answers Student Data Subject Area Dashboard Map, Updated 5.30.18
- Student Data Learning Map, Updated 5.22.18
- Top 10 Dashboard Tips, Updated 4.20.18
- Top 10 Questions for Advisors, Updated 7.20.17
Dashboard Overviews & Homework
What to learn how to navigate the Cal Answers student data* subject areas to access, format and print your data tables?
At the end of the class you will have practiced:
- Applying filters to access your unit-specific student data
- Managing the layout of the data tables by moving and hiding columns
- Saving customized views of your data for future reference and sharing with your colleagues
- Printing and exporting data tables and charts
If the available dates don't work with your schedule, sign up for the waitlist and we will notify you as soon as more of our 2- hour hands-on training classes are scheduled.
*this hands-on functionality class is trained using the Cal Answers Student Data dashboards, but all of the functionality covered is subject area agnostic and works the same in all Cal Answers subject areas - Financial Management Reporting, General Ledger Reporting, Gift & Endowment Reporting, Human Resources Reporting and Student Data.
Each subject area maintains a wiki - a collaborative web site where the business analysts document their subject area's procedural information, such as data definitions, report field lists, unique methodology considerations, etc. Select the link below to view the wiki of the subject area you are researching:
Campus data analysts are currently offering Cal Answers Office Hours to assist new and continuing users with questions about how to access, retrieve, and interpret data within the Student Data subject areas:
- Student Applicants
- Student Curriculum
- Student Demographics & Outcomes
- Student Financials & Financial Aid