The Cal Answers team in partnership with the Office of Planning and Analysis (OPA) has put together a list of Top 10 Questions for Advisors. You can click on the question here and you will be taken directly to the Cal Answers dashboard filtered and formatted to display the answer. Cal Answers credentials will be required if you are not already logged in.
Top 10 Questions for Advisors
- Did I have more declared undergraduate majors in my department in Spring 2017 over Spring 2016? (Census ->Census Counts)
- How many lower division Statistics courses have been taught over the last 5 years (2012-2017)? (Curriculum Long Term Planning ->Curriculum Trends)
- In the Ethnic Studies Department, how much of the teaching in the 2015-16 Academic Year was done by regular faculty vs. GSIs?” Has this changed over time? (Departmental Teaching Workload ->Teaching by Credited Department)
- Who has taught Statistics 133 in the Fall and Spring semesters between 2012-13 and 2016-17? (Teaching Activity ->Instructor List by Course)
- What courses did Dr. Perlmutter teach in the Fall and Spring semesters between 2012-13 and 2016-17? (Teaching Activity ->Course List by Instructor)
- Are different majors enrolling in History courses today than in the last three years (Fall 2014-Spring 2017)? (Students & Courses ->Courses Taken by Majors)
- How have the number of secondary sections offered in Physics 7B increased or decreased over the past 5 years (2012-13 to 2016-17)? (Curriculum Long Term Planning ->Course View)
- How many new freshman students have applied to each college and how many have been accepted for the three years (2014-15 to 2016-17)? (Undergraduate Applicants -> UG Applicant Counts)
- In the 2015-16 Aid Year, what was the average amount of Federal Debt that bachelor degree recipients had from my college/school? (Student Affordability -> Bachelor Degree Recipient Debt)
- Have the registered undergraduate students in my college/school become more ethnically diverse between Fall 2012 to Fall 2016? (Census -> Census by Multiple Fields)
Check out the Cal Answers Quick Start Guide for how to edit the filters to further customize these dashboard reports to answer your specific student data questions!