The Payroll dashboard displays Payroll information for payroll processed through UCPath and leave balances and activity from UCPath and PPS. This dashboard replaces the existing legacy payroll reports and enables Payroll, HR, and Finance professionals to access information about payroll expenses generated through UCPath, as well as summarized leave information.
This replaces the existing legacy payroll expense detail report, which drew data from the PPS system, and enables Payroll and Finance professionals to access information about how much and what kinds of pay have been processed, for whom, where that payroll was charged, what effort/hours are associated with that pay, and more. Data for this report comes from the Berkeley Financial System (BFS), and reflects the journals that BFS receives from the UCPath system. New payroll transactions are available here the day after they are posted in BFS.
Leave usage transaction are available in this dashboard, however this dashboard does not display information concerning benefits expenses (including leave accrual) or CBR, which can be found in Cal Answers Financials reporting.
Absence Management Summary
The Absence Management Summary Report displays information about leave balances and activity, summarized by month, with information drawn from both PPS and UCPath. This report replaces the Leave Accruals report in the Legacy Payroll dashboard, and enables Payroll and Finance professionals to access information about how much of which types of leave employees have available, as well as accruals, usage, adjustments, and whether or not employees are at/approaching their maximum balances. Each month's activity is available two days after it is processed in the UCPath Absence Management module.
- Payroll Dashboard Walk Through 8.6.2020: Provides a high-level overview into the UCPath Expense Detail and Absence Management Summary reports.
Payroll Expense Detail Webinar 5.21.2020: Provides a deep dive into the new UCPath Expense Detail report.
- Payroll Job Aid: (updated 10.13.2020) Provides an overview for accessing Cal Answers and navigating the Payroll dashboard to search for data from the UCPath system.
- Legacy Payroll Job Aid: Provides an overview for accessing Cal Answers and navigating the Payroll dashboard to search for data from the Payroll Personnel System (PPS).
- Payroll "wiki page": Provides an overview of the reports within the Payroll and Legacy Payroll dashboards.
- UCPath Payroll data dictionary: Includes the names and definitions of fields used in the Payroll dashboard.
- Cal Answers Training page: Provides resources for those new to Cal Answers, including job aids, videos, and registration links for upcoming classes.