Cal Answers Financials partnered with University Development and Alumni Relations (UDAR) to develop the Gift & Endowment Reporting dashboard, originally released on November 20, 2017. The Gift & Endowment Reporting dashboard is an enhancement of the gift and endowment data currently available in BAIRS. It is intended to help units understand what gift and endowment funds they have available and how they can use those funds. The enhancements in Cal Answers include the ability to:
- Search for funds administered by your department and review the whole-fund balances across campus.
- Reconcile transfers from the Foundation ledger by month for funds with activity in both Foundation and campus ledgers, with the Foundation and campus ledger balances displayed next to each other.
- Review key Cal Advancement Data System (CADS) data for gifts and endowments.
Gift & Endowment Reporting Tabs
This tab enables you to answer the question, "What are my available gifts and how can I use them?".
This tab enables you to answer the question, "Did my unit get the transfer I am expecting from Foundation, and does the amount make sense?".
This tab enables you to answer the question, "What is going on in the Foundation ledger?".
This tab enables you to answer the question, "What gifts am I expecting that haven't been processed yet?".
Gift & Endowment Reporting
- Getting Started with Gift & Endowment Reporting: (Updated 5.18.18) An overview of the reports in the Gift & Endowment Reporting dashboard including the new Gifts in Suspense Accounting report. (PDF)
- Gift & Endowment Reporting Learning Map: A linear guide to a comprehensive set of the latest training materials to support you in getting started working with the Gift & Endowment Reporting dashboard.
- Gift & Endowment Reporting Wiki: Visit the wiki page for more information on each of the Gift & Endowment Report pages and a dictionary of terms.