The first Cal Answers Financials release was the Financial Management Reporting Dashboard in August, 2017. The first release of the Financial Management Reporting Dashboard included three tabs: SRECNA, Summary by Chartfields, and Transaction. The next release includes the By Month, Revenues & Transfers, Compensation Expenses, and Non-Compensation Expenses.
Financial Management Reporting Tabs
This tab displays the Statement of Revenue, Expense, and Changes to Net Assets for the selected organization. It is modeled after the CR103 report in CalPlanning.
This tab summarizes transactions for each unique chartstring combination. It is modeled after the 008 GL Sum by Chartfields Mod C&G report in BAIRS.
This tab rovides a monthly format, for tracking the trend and seasonality of Revenue and Operating Transfers and Expenses
This tab displays all Revenue and Operating Transfer transactions based on the selected filters.
- Getting Started with Ad Hoc Analysis Finance: A resource quide for working in the Custom Query Ad Hoc Analysis area of Cal Answers.
- Financial Management Reporting Overview video: An overview of each of the reports in the Financial Management Reporting dashboard. (video)
- Getting Started with Financial Management Reporting: An introduction to the Financial Management Reporting dashboard and details on each of the reports in the dashboard. (PDF)
- Cal Answers Basic Navigation Learning Map: A linear guide to a comprehensive set of the latest training materials to support you in getting started working with the all of the Cal Answers dashboard reports. (PDF)
- Financial Management Reporting Wiki: Visit the wiki page for more information on each of the Financial Management Reporting dashboard pages and a dictionary of terms.
- Cal Answers Top 10 Finance Dashboard Tips job aid created to help our newest report runners work with the Cal Answers Finance prompts and data tables reports.
- Cal Answers Financials Basic Navigation Slide Presentation