1. Log In.
Go to calanswers.berkeley.edu and click Log in to Cal Answers. Enter your CalNet ID and Passphrase.
2. Open a dashboard.
Expand a subject area and click a dashboard link.
3. Read the Overview tab.
The Overview tab describes each of the reports in the dashboard and it has links to wiki documentation about the reports and a dictionary of the data in the dashboard reports.
4. Select a report in the dashboard.
Navigate to a report using either the links at the top of the page or the links within the Overview tab.
5. Select filters/prompts and click Apply.
Select the data you want to include in the report using the filters or prompts at the top of the report. When you have made your selections, click the Apply command button to generate the report.
6. Make the report work for you.
- Right-click a column heading for a menu of options to modify columns.
- Click a link in the report to drill down to a detail report.
- Click the Export link below the report to export data for further analysis.
(To see the image full screen, click on it. When you're finished, click the Back button on your browser (←) to return to this page.)
For more training resources, go to calanswers.berkeley.edu/training to find resources to learn more about basic navigation as well as deeper dives into the dashboards and reports.