April 5, 2021
Cal Answers Community,
Over the past two years, the Cal Answers team has focused on bringing UCPath data into Cal Answers. We have created and updated a wide array of reporting dashboards, and are happy to let you know the project is now complete. UCPath has a very big impact on Cal Answers reporting and we updated almost every subject area. Highlights of the changes include:
- Decreased the time it takes for UCPath data to show in Cal Answers from two days to daily
- Created methods of organizing inconsistent and varied data
- Learned how UCPath data is structured to make it more easily available
- Provided a reliable alternative to Cognos reporting
- Created reporting to help track changes in employee rosters
- Developed new reporting on CBR rates to help verify and plan for unit’s benefit costs
- Created reporting to track employees’ progress towards career status and full benefits
Review the releases that have gone live as part of the transition to UCPath on the Cal Answers website. The transition project is now complete, and we are moving to support and maintenance mode. If you have enhancement requests or have any questions about the data, please let us know.
We would like to extend a big thank you to all the subject matter experts across campus who generously provided their knowledge and tested our dashboards so that we were able to develop accurate reporting on content relevant to you.
- IS&T Enterprise Data Warehouse and Database teams
- Help Desk
- UCPath teams
- People & Culture (formerly known as central HR)
- Controller's Office
- Financial Planning & Analysis
- VC Finance
- UAT testers
- Cal Answers users who shared feedback
- Locate recorded webinar, wiki, and job aid resources on the various UCPath releases by clicking each release in the release schedule.
- Review general Cal Answers resources on the training page.
- Read more about requesting access on the Access page.
Questions and feedback
If you have questions about using Cal Answers, please contact the Cal Answers Help Desk at 664-9000 (option 1, then option 2) or email email@example.com.
Cal Answers Team
Office of the Vice Chancellor of Finance