April 2, 2018
Cal Answers and HR BAIRS Community,
We are pleased to announce the Cal Answers Campus Workforce (HR) dashboards are now live. The Cal Answers team partnered with Human Resources professionals from central and campus units to develop dashboards to replace the HR reporting currently in BAIRS, which is being retired in December.
Please take this opportunity to use Cal Answers for all seasonal HR reporting activities while BAIRS is still available to ensure you understand how to find the information you need within the new Workforce Detail and Workforce Summary dashboards.
Cal Answers HR Reporting dashboards
The Cal Answers HR Reporting dashboards replace all BAIRS HR reporting. The project teamrebuilt highly-used BAIRS reports with additional information, functionality, and filters. The team did not rebuild BAIRS reports with little to no use. The following HR dashboards are now live in Cal Answers:
- HR Workforce Detail (access to data is restricted by organization)
- Campus Position Management: Includes position funding report, position exception report, and position roster report.
- Workforce Detail: Condenses the earnings distribution reports, job data reports, salary history report, transaction report, and position data report currently in BAIRS into job data report, job data by date range report, job earnings distribution report, and job earnings distribution report by date range.
- HR Workforce Summary (global access for approved users)
- Compensation Summary: Includes campus-wide compensation summary reports. The other reports included in BAIRS Workforce Summary are being retired.
- HR Reporting Wiki: The wiki for Workforce Detail and Workforce Summary include definitions of the terms used in the dashboards and an overview of each reporting tab.
- HR Reporting Job Aids: Job aids on the new dashboards are available on the HR Reporting page.
- General Cal Answers Training: For those who are new to Cal Answers, there are additional training materials available on the Cal Answers website, including videos and job aids, as well as registration for ongoing training classes in basic Cal Answers navigation.
Access to the HR Reporting dashboards
The project team has granted access to the HR Reporting dashboards for those who have access to the current HR reports in BAIRS. If you have access to the Workforce Detail dashboards, you will see the same data as you see in BAIRS today. If you have access to Workforce Summary in BAIRS, you will now be able to see data for all of campus in the Cal Answers Compensation Summary dashboard.
If you do not currently have access to the current HR reports in BAIRS and would like to request access to Cal Answers HR Reporting, please use the System Access Request Application (SARA).
Questions and feedback
- If you have technical questions about using Cal Answers, please contact the Cal Answers Help Desk at 664-9000 ( option 1, then option 2) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your feedback is welcome. If you would like to provide feedback to the project team, please contact us at email@example.com.
Cal Answers Financials Team
Office of the Vice Chancellor of Finance