March 5, 2020
Cal Answers HR Community,
As part of the UCPath conversion, we have created the Cal Answers Employee Change Tracking dashboard and are pleased to announce it is now live with data from UCPath. This dashboard is the equivalent of the Termination and Org Change report in the Legacy Workforce Detail dashboard, which includes only pre-UCPath data through March 8, 2019.
Employee Change Tracking dashboard - with UCPath data
The new dashboard identifies employees who entered and left the organization or had a key job change within a specified date range. There is no legacy data in this dashboard. If you only need data from prior to the UCPath transition, please use the Termination and Org Change report in the Legacy Workforce Detail dashboard. One key difference between the legacy report and the new dashboard is the legacy report includes only terminations and org changes. The new dashboard also reports terminations, org changes, and hires as well as changes in employee class, job code, supervisor, pay rate, employee status, and position number.
Business use examples:
- Run monthly reports on how many employees are transferring in or transferring out of your division/college/department
- Run quarterly reports on turnover through termination tracking
- Run annual or bi-annual reports on reclassifications in your unit
Release timeline for dashboards affected by UCPath
We're working to re-release the Cal Answers reports with data from UCPath and have posted the working draft of our timeline on the Cal Answers website.
- Wiki: The wiki has been updated with definitions of the terms used and an overview of Employee Change Tracking.
- Job aids: The job aid for Employee Change Tracking is available on the HR Reporting page.
- Webinar training: The Cal Answers team is offering webinars on March 18 and 25 that will provide an overview of the Employee Change Tracking dashboard. Please visit the training page to learn more and sign up. We'll also post the recorded webinars to the Cal Answers website afterward.
Access to the new dashboards
If you have access to the Workforce Detail dashboards, you have access to the Employee Change Tracking dashboard and do not need to take any action. If you did not previously have access and would like to request it, please follow the instructions in the"Campus Workforce Planning (HR) Dashboards and Ad Hoc Access" section on the Access page.
Questions and feedback
If you have questions about using Cal Answers, please contact the Cal Answers Help Desk at 664-9000 (option 1, then option 2) or email@example.com.
Cal Answers Team
Office of the Vice Chancellor of Finance