Student Curriculum team releases two new dashboards to manage curriculum
Course Grade Distribution dashboard
This dashboard provides data about both average course grades and grade distributions.
- Grade Trends: this report features two key metrics - number of students who took a course for a letter grade and average letter grade. You can view information for multiple semesters and filter the results by course level and offering type. You can also drill into the campus units to see data at every organizational level from the campus total to individual courses.
- Grade Distribution: this report features letter and non-letter grade distributions for all courses on campus. You can view information for one semester at a time and filter the results by academic unit, course(s), course level, offering type, and instructional format.
- Course View: this report provides a focused course view that allows you to see a roll-up of letter grades into the general categories of A, B, C, D, and F, as well as the detailed breakout of plus (+) and minus (-) letter grades. You can see this information for one semester at a time in the result table and can filter the result set by academic unit, course(s), course level, offering type, and instructional format. When a course is selected in the table, the histogram charts directly below the table will provide a graphical view of the grade distributions.
At a Glance dashboard
This dashboard shows key indicators to understand, manage, and plan the curriculum. You can use this summary dashboard as a starting point to get a sense of the curriculum big picture on campus before digging deeper into individual reports.
- Five-Year Change in Primary Enrollments: this metric shows, for the five years (fall and spring only) from 2008-09 to 2012-13, the percentage change in enrollments for a chosen set of courses, along with a campus comparison. This metric serves as an entry point to the Curriculum Long-Term Planning Dashboard.
- Letter Grade Distribution in Primary Classes: this metric shows, for the most recent academic year (fall and spring only), the percentage of each letter grade awarded for a chosen set of courses, along with a campus comparison. This metric serves as an entry point to the Course Grade Distribution Dashboard.
- Primary Classes at Least 90% Full: this metric shows, for the most recent academic year (fall and spring only), the remaining seat capacity at the add/drop deadline for a chosen set of courses, along with a campus comparison. This metric serves as an entry point to the Weekly Enrollment Management Dashboard.
- VIEW: a brief video (7min) about basic Cal Answers dashboard functionality.
- REVIEW: report descriptions and explanations of available data on the 'Report Documentation' Wiki' and definitions of report data fields on the 'Data Dictionary' Wiki.