Date: Friday, December 6, 2013
Time: 10:30am - 1:00pm (includes snacks and beverages)
Place: Toll Room, Alumni House
Join your colleagues from the Cal Assessment Network (CAN) and the Office of the Chief Financial Officer for a unique networking and learning event focused on three topics central to UC Berkeley's assessment work: Cal Answers, CalPlanning, and the Strategic Management and Metrics Project. We're transforming the Toll Room at the Alumni House into an interactive expo where you can enjoy snacks and drinks while you network with colleagues, learn about future development plans, provide feedback to the project teams, and get your questions answered by the experts.
Presentations: Learn about how UC Berkeley's future analytic strategies are being supported by the respective features of Cal Answers, CalPlanning, and the Strategic Management and Metrics Project with presentations by:
- Laurent Heller, Interim Associate Vice Chancellor and Chief Financial Officer
- Cathy Lloyd, Strategic Program Management Executive Director - Office of the CFO
- Josh Blatt, Institutional Data and Analytics Program Manager - Office of Planning and Analysis
- Louise Davidson, Metrics Project Lead - Office of Planning and Analysis
Individual Consulting: Bring your questions and meet one-on-one with campus experts from Cal Answers, CalPlanning, and the Strategic Management and Metrics Project:
- Research analysts from every Cal Answers subject area will be available with laptops to assist you with accessing, retrieving, and interpreting data about Student Curriculum, Student Demographics/Outcomes, Student Applicant, and Student Financial Aid - as well as HR Census, Procure to Pay, and PI Portfolio.
- Financial analysts from the Campus Budget Office and CalPlanning teams will be on hand to show you how to run the new HCP Pooled Position Report report, as well as answer your questions about CalRptg and Smart View.
- Representatives from the Strategic Management and Metrics Project will be available to share results of their recent pilot work and show you their latest thinking regarding how to ensure metrics are a useful management tool across campus.
If you have questions in advance or would like to request the presenters cover certain topics of interest to you, please send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "CAN Expo."
Due to the unique nature of this event, streaming and the CAN lunch will not be provided.